I am away.Far.. far.. away.
I've spent 5 days in JB and what a fantastic week it was.
I've learnt so much about Son-Rise Program from the MAN himself.
Mr. Raun Kauffman.
Do you guys know him?
He is the kid in this true story. Barry a.k.a Bear is his dad. He was severely autistic with an IQ of 30. Normally back in the 70's-80's, autistic kids (and adults too) were institutionalized and received electric shock as a treatment on daily basis.
Bear n wife took Raun home and start working with him.
Institution is just not an option.
They worked with him with such love and compassion.
And then, miracle happened.
He recovered.
He recovered from autism.
(How awesome!!!!!)
---
This is Raun Now:
And this is his biography:
Please visit these pages for more info about:
Raun's book : Autism Breaktrough
Treatment Centre of America : ATCA
ATCA's Youtube channel : autismtreatment
Kate Wilde was also at the scene.She's been working for ATCA for more than 20 years. She's more energetic than my 4 year-old daughter. She's the author of Autistic Logistic. Very handy dandy book to tackle various issues encircled autism everyday skills; i.e: tantrum & toilet training.
Because i was away for a week+... i missed so many classes. I hereby vow that I will most definitely catch up will the rest of the class ASAP.
Till next entry.
Cheers.



No comments:
Post a Comment